Sunday, March 21, 2010

Busy Boy

Farming has been a big attraction for David lately. Yesterday he fed pretend animals while his sisters prepared dinner for him. The girls worked hard crushing up Tasteeos to make flour and mixing it with cornmeal. They said that it was good until they added garlic salt. I had to smile at all the farming talk and the roles the girls insited each of them play. My smile wavered as I walked into the living room and discoverd the nature of the animal feeding operation. He was using all manner of things I had worked so hard to clean up and organize the day before. I let delight prevail, grabbed my camera and took a picture. Later I asked him to clean up. We raced to get it clean and I was surprised out how quickly the clean up went.



A few weeks ago David used shredded banking papers for haying.




Could it have been a desire for spring that sparked the making of this nest? Maybe it was reading the book Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment